Maybe I’m getting older and can’t keep up with the progress of the times, but the development of science and technology is really changing with each passing day. When I first chose the best laser TV, most of them were 1080p machines, as shown below：
But now you go to the market to choose a laser TV. If it’s not 4K, you can sweep it away: if it’s not 4K, you’re too embarrassed to watch it more.
Maybe you will say that there is 8K TV now, and you are still talking about 4K, which is out of date. Hehe, can you see the difference with your eyes if the resolution of 8K is not a 300 inch large screen? Don’t be fooled by the manufacturer. The eyes can’t distinguish between 8K and 4K if you watch the 100 inch screen while standing more far than 3 meters.
4K is the best choice.
All of this is attributed to TI, or TI’s XPR Shifting Technology: using 1080p chip, dithering twice, turning it into 4 times pixel points, using software to give different colors, the effect is up to 4K. Isn’t it a good thing to use less money to achieve better results? Shake twice, is it reliable? Please ask TI this question. I don’t know…
I have a laser TV experience center, and I found that TI XPR 4k technology is very good, there is no trace of shifting, and the picture is stable. The one difference is what size of 1080P chipset, some is 0.47″ DMD chipset, others are 0.67″. As normal realized that 0.67″ is much better and price is higher.
The previous laser TV, with a professional screen (Should laser TV choose a Black Grid Screen or a Fresnel Screen?), is much brighter than the traditional long throw projector, but the brightness is still unsatisfactory. The another good news is that when 4K laser TV is launched by various manufacturers, the display brightness has been greatly improved, at least 30%.
If someone is still confused about the difference between laser TV and traditional long throw projectors, short list here:
- Lifetime.Laser TV use laser light resource, can use more than 20000hrs, much long lifetime. Transitional projector lamp lifetime is about 3000hr.
- Wireless.Laser TV no need to wire in advance during decoration, just put the machine on the TV desk, and put on the Laser TV screen on the wall. It works while WIFI connection is working. Another word, if you forget to wire during decoration, and want to enjoy big screen, Laser TV is the only choice.
- Brightness.Laser TV screen is not popular normal design, it can reflect the ambient light, and present the image required by the laser TV clearly and brightly on the screen. (Why Need Projection Screen?)
- Audio Built-in.Most of Laser TV has the audio system built-in, save the cost to buy another speakers. And the audio effect is good enough, even better than some cheap soundbar. Some wireless home theater system is quite good partner for laser TV:
- Colorful.Laser TV has much better color performance, some can reach the color gamut of DCI-P3. The secret is the laser light resource. As we know, DCI-P3 projectors are not cheap, most cheap projector is only Rec.709 color gamut.
In short, if you want to use it in the living room, especially want to watch TV in the daytime, please choose laser TV instead of traditional projector. If I can’t hold you back from choosing traditional projector, I’ll have to striking my head against the wall. Of course, if you want to watch a much larger screen in a dark independent room, just like a movie theater, you still need to choose the traditional long throw projector, if you don’t have trouble wiring.
Why not choose OLED or Micro LED TV? Four reasons:
- Cheap Price. If the screen size is big as 90″ or 100″, the OLED TV is quite expensive, 10 times than Laser TV.
- Eye Protection. Laser TV use reflection imaging technology, like nature light, basically no damage to eyes. Especially to children and old people.
- Removable. Easy to move the machine to another place for temporary using.
- Energy Conservation. The energy consumption of Laser TV is much lower than OLED, only 1/3~1/5, save the power.
Laser TV is the best choice of big screen TV with less budgets. There are many players in the eva, such as Hisense, Appotronics, Xiaomi, LG, Sony, EPSON, BenQ, Optoma, iNovel, JmGO, XGIMI, SIM2, and Sharp etc. More and more new players join in, Changhong, Toshiba, VAVA… Too many choices, confused about it.
Which one is the best and just right for your requirement?
IT IS YOUR LUCKY TO BE HERE. Take a moment to read this article. You will no longer feel confused, but clearly know how to choose and which one to be chosen.
That is why we have created a list of Best 4K Laser TV of 2019 and 2020. As a professional laser TV website and a third-party organization, we spend a lot of time studying almost all 4K laser TV on the market, making a large number of comparisons between their parameters and actual performance, and combining with their prices, giving a reasonable evaluation. We hope to save your time and help you a lot.Continue reading Best 4K Laser TV 2020 – Buyer’s Guide