Almost four years ago, we recommended the best mini projector twice, which was carefully selected from the market at that time. However, electronic products are changing with each passing day. Over the past four years, many products have been eliminated from the market, and some have new models. Let’s see which mini or portable projectors are worth recommending now?
Here, we only review the portable mini projectors. What aspects do we compare? In addition to such common parameters as brightness, light source, projection ratio and resolution, we also need to see the size and whether there is a battery.
|Brand Model||Image||ANSI Lumens||Light Source||Throw Ratio||Resolution||Size|
|WEMAX Go Advanced||600||Laser||1.2:1||1080P||8.62*4.61*0.98||1.5||800|
|XGIMI MoGo Pro||300||LED||1.2:1||1080P||3*4*5||2.0||500|
|EliteProjector MosicGo||1000||LED||UST 0.5:1||1080P||36*20*9||3.0||1200|
|Fatork Pocket Monster D042||150||LED||0.93:1||1080P||2.83*2.83*4.17||2.5||290|
|KODAK Luma 350||200||LED||1.2:1||480P||4.4*4.4*1.1||2.0||300|
1. Best Mini Laser Projector: WEMAX Go Advanced Smart Laser Projector, Ultra Mini Portable 1080p Projector with Battery
Best Mini Portable Laser Projector! Brand WEMAX has other Laser projector named Nova, the best Ultra Short Throw Laser TV until now:
Maybe only few people know that, WEMAX is the sub brand of Appotronics which is the laser TV ancestor company. In the beginning this mini projector named XMING ( Another sub brand of Appotronics ) S2 and M2, now is sold out of the date.
Another secret info is that the projectors of Xiaomi, a famous digital brand, are all manufactured by Appotronics. Therefore, Appotronics has strong technical capability and reliable quality, so as WEMAX.
Just as above table shows, the thickness of WEMAX Go Advanced is only 0.98inches, like a book! It is quite difficult for the projector with Laser light source. As we all know, laser is the purest light source in the world at present, which can provide unimaginable color contrast and color saturation, but laser light source is also difficult to control. Not only is the cost of light source very high, but also heat dissipation is a big problem. WEMAX perfectly solves this problem. It not only integrates a laser light source in such a small body, but also has batteries. Compared with the first generation S2 and M2 products, the battery is a great progress. It truly realizes the portable function and can be used anytime and anywhere.
- Light Source: Laser
- High Brightness up to 600 ANSI Lumens (Previous generation products WEMAX Go only Support 300 ANSI Lumens)
- Very thin, like a book. The thickness is low to 0.98 inch.
- High Resolution, native 1080p, support 4K
- The throw ratio is 1.2:1, the recommended projection size is 40″~120″
- Auto ToF Focus, and Auto Keystone Correction
- Rich Connectivity, Bluetooth 5.0, USB, HDMI, Type-C, WiFi
- Built-in Battery, 1.5 Hour Battery Life
- SmartOS, Stream Netflix, 5000+ APP Supported
- Wemax Go Advanced is designed with a discreet stand hidden at the bottom. Flip it out to adjust the angle of projection without awkwardly elevating it via extra cushion stuff
- A little expensive for LED projector. But for Laser light source, it is cheap.
- The battery life is only 1.5 hrs, not enough for a general movie longtime.
By the way, the different of WEMAX Go Advance and WEMAX Go, it with or without battery.
Are you excited about this product? It’s time to buy a proper luxury projector at amazon.com that is so convenient to use, high in appearance, high in performance, and laser projection.
2. Best Portable Projector: WEMAX Dice 1080p FHD Portable Projector for Movie, 700 ANSI Lumens, 3 Hrs Battery Life
To be honest, I have been looking for a favorite projector with appropriate price, high brightness, superior color, battery with enough capacity, and small volume. I felt I had found my dream lover until I saw Dice.
Now you can use this projector for watching movies during camping and outdoor gatherings. It also works great for delivering presentations at school or at work. This portable projector weighs only 4.8lb and measures 6.1 x 4.9 x 6.3 inches — small enough to be placed inside your backpack.
Compare the other brand LED projectors, WEMAX Dice has such advantages:
- It is much brighter, 700 ANSI Lumens, maybe it is one of the most brightness for the portable LED projectors. You can use this for outdoor movies and be able to start the movie earlier in the evening.
- The battery life is better. With the Dice, you can comfortably watch an average-length movie without concern at normal brightness levels.
- The cord is longer. This cord reaches your outlet without needing an extension.
- The built-in sound is much better. This definitely gets loud enough. It has Dolby Audio Speakers.
- The build quality is better. The Dice is definitely a step up. It feels well built and has nice materials.
- Auto ToF Focus and 4-Points Keystone Correction, easy to projection. Just put DICE at any angle, the patented Smart keystone correction will adjust the projected screen up to 45 degrees both vertically and horizontally.
- Their customer service is actually pretty good.
Does my lover have any faults? Let me take a magnifying glass to see…… It seems that there is no such thing. It looks so excellent in all aspects and deserves the title of “Editor Choice“.
What are you waiting for? Buy such a good product quickly. Besides, the price is not expensive. The manufacturer promotes the sales and offers a direct discount of 34% at amazon.com. What are you waiting for?
3. Best Outdoor Portable Projector: BenQ GS50 1080p Wireless Outdoor Projector with Extra Bass Bluetooth Speaker, IPX2 splash-proof and 2.3ft (70 cm) drop-proof for rugged active lifestyles
The reason why we put the BenQ GS50 in the third place is that this product is very unique. The first is brand. BenQ is my favorite DLP Projector manufacturer and the largest DLP projector manufacturer in the world, with reliable product quality and superior performance. Secondly, this product has made many designs for outdoor, such as waterproof and fall proof. Of course, this product has a very high face value and looks very beautiful. The appearance material is not ordinary hard plastic, but special soft plastic material.
The second special place is its Audio system, 2.1 Channel Bluetooth Speaker with Extra Bass (5Wx2 midrange tweeters & 10W woofer).
The third thing I appreciate is Benq’s color performance as always, Optimized Picture Modes powered by CinematicColor and 98% Rec.709 wide color gamut for true color.
- BIG & CLEAR CINEMATIC PICTURE: 1080p Full HD Resolution, 500 ANSI Lumens with HDR10/HLG showcase brilliant details.
- 2.1 CHANNEL AUDIO W/EXTRA BASS: 2.1 Channel Bluetooth Speaker with Extra Bass (5Wx2 midrange tweeters & 10W woofer).
- OPTIMAL PICTURE MODES: Optimized Picture Modes powered by CinematicColor and 98% Rec.709 wide color gamut for true color.
- EASY SETUP & VERSATILE PROJECTION: Adjustable stand tilts up to 15°, auto focus, 2D keystone & four corner adjustment.
- WIRELESS & DIVERSE ENTERTAINMENT: Embedded Google-certified Android TV, supports AirPlay & Chromecast casting for iOS, MacOS, Android, and PC devices.
- WORRY-FREE DURABLE DESIGN: IPX2 splash-proof and 2.3ft (70 cm) drop-proof for rugged active lifestyles.
- POWER DELIVERY 45W: Maximize portability (6000mAh battery built-in, 2.5 hrs Play Time) and extend play-time with a PD-enabled power bank.
- Durable Design: IPX2 Splash-Proof, 2.3ft (70 cm) Drop-Proof, Exquisite Leather Handle.
- Netflix is NOT natively available on this device, please install the dedicated BenQ “Apps Manager” for Netflix watching.
Someone said the Child Lock function is not normal, it repeatedly blacked out as if someone was walking in front of it (when no one was anywhere in sight). It was almost as if the projection was too big and it thought that the people on the screen were actual humans. I think you can turn that setting off.
Compare the WEMAX Dice, BenQ GS50 has better brand and better outdoor design. So, you can choose it while you frequent outdoor use. Buy it at amazon.com. It is the Amazon Choice of Video Projectors by BenQ.
4. Best Brightness Portable Projector: XGIMI Halo+ 1080P Portable Projector, 900 ANSI Lumens with Harman Kardon Speakers
Trusted by more than 1.5 million users globally, XGIMI designs and manufactures high-performance multifunctional smart projectors and laser TVs. XGIMI is dedicated to innovativeness and ensuring the best user experience. They fuse their award-winning designs and ground-breaking technology to provide you with high-performing, smart projectors that succeed in transforming your home entertainment.
XGIMI Halo+ is the updated version of Halo, improve the brightness from 800ANSI Lumens to 900 ANSI Lumens. The other improvement lies in the intelligent system. Although it is not a big improvement, it is better than nothing.
- Intelligent Obstacle Avoidance. Scales the projection automatically to avoid obstacles. In fact, this is not really to avoid obstacles, but to automatically reduce the projection area. But is this really the function you expect?
- Intelligent Screen Alignment. Automatically adjusts the projected image to match your screen size. This is a little like the photo correction function of other projectors, but XGIMI has automated this function, which is also an improvement.
- Auto Keystone Correction. Aligns the image with the projection area based on vertical/horizontal +/-40° angles. For XGIMI Halo only support vertical angle correction.
- 1080P Super-Bright Image: 1920×1080 FHD picture complimented with LED-powered hyper-focused 900 ANSI lumens (4K content also supported).
- Fully Portable: Equipped with a 59.454Wh built-in battery and minimalist design, providing 2.5hrs of big-screen entertainment anywhere, anytime.
- Intelligent Screen Adaption: Our industry-leading Intelligent Screen Adaption(ISA) technology simplifies usability and setup. Halo+ boots up and perfectly adjusts your display in seconds thanks to its Auto Keystone Correction, AI Object Avoidance, Autofocus, and Intelligent Screen Alignment.
- Android TV 10.0: Android TV + Google Play provides seamless access to 5000+ apps like Disney+, HBO Max, and Prime Video. Regardless if you’re binge-watching the latest show or adventuring outdoors, Halo+ was built to entertain.
- 2 x 5W Harman Kardon Speakers: Halo+ emits clean, distortion-free Hi-Fi sound with ample bass response. Also compatible with Dolby Audio, DTS-HD/Studio, and Bluetooth 5.0.
Someone said the quality is not stable, the Auto Keystone Correction and Battery sometimes will not work as expect after a few days later.
5. XGIMI MoGo Pro Mini Portable Projector for Outdoor Movies FHD 1080P with Dual 3W Harman Kardon Speakers
Compare XGIMI Halo+, XGIMI MoGo Pro is a lower cost and smaller size product. Relatively speaking, the performance is also reduced, and the price is more favorable, which is about 300 USD cheaper.
As mentioned above, the two products are very similar in terms of modeling. If you like XGIMI products very much and choose the model you like, both models are worth considering, depending on your budget. But if I choose from a wider range, such as comparing XGIMI MoGo and WEMAX Dice, I will not hesitate to choose WEMAX Dice. They have similar price points, but Dice obviously has superior performance, both in brightness and battery capacity.
- 1080p Image with 300 ANSI Lumens: An advanced DLP lamp delivers FHD resolution and 300 ANSI Lumens, helping you enjoy vivid colors on a giant 100-inch screen.
- Built-In Battery: MoGo Pro’s strong built-in battery provides at least 2hrs of big-screen entertainment anywhere, anytime.
- Android TV: Download apps directly to the projector from Google Play, including YouTube, Prime Video, Hulu, Disney +, HBO Max, and more! Please note that our product does not stream the native Netflix app.
- Auto Keystone Correction: Autofocus and 40° Auto Keystone Correction ensure a perfect aspect ratio from almost any angle.
- Harman Kardon Sound: Phenomenal audio powered by two 3W built-in Harman Kardon speakers. You can also wirelessly connect soundbars and Bluetooth headphones
Just like XGIMI Halo series, someone said the quality of XGIMI MoGo Pro is not stable. The color performance is not particularly ideal, with occasional large green background. When the volume is increased, the sound effect does not reflect the brand effect of Harman Kardon.
If you want more detail information about XGIMI MoGo Pro, please take a look at amazon.com.
6. Best UST Portable Projector: EliteProjector MosicGO Ultra Short Throw Projector 1080P Battery Powered Outdoor Portable UST DLP 1000 ANSI Lumens Home Theater Movie Projector
Why did I choose this product among the TOP 10 best portable projectors and rank sixth? Because three things:
- Although it is a UST projector, but it has the price of an ordinary projector;
- In the UST projector, it is very few to have outdoor design, with battery and IPX2 protection grade;
- The brightness is up to 1000 ANSI Lumens, which is the highest among the TOP 10 portable projectors I choose
LED light source like laser, has longtime work time. And they use individual lights for each primary color, whereas traditional projectors use an incandescent bulb whose light passes through a color wheel to produce its primary colors. Projector designs allow to be more compact and portable.
3-in-1 Design – Portable Projector, Speaker, Power Bank.
Integrated High Capacity Power Bank (37200mAh, Sports Version only) charges laptops, cellphones and other devices through USB- C / USB-A port. Built-in Battery operated (up to 3 hours of video, 30 hours of music, Sports Version only)
Like BenQ GS50, EliteProjector MosicGO has outdoor design, support IPX2 rating protects against water being dripped or spilled on your projector. Enjoy movies or gaming in any outdoor environment.
EliteProjector MosicGO support ultra short throw, can provide a massive 60″ / 100″ / 120″ screen size when palced just 3.8″ / 14.5″ /19″ inch away from the screen.
Some friends may have doubts about the brightness of this product. It shows whether support 1500 LED lumens, why I said it is only 1000 ANSI Lumens? In fact, they are the same, just different units. 1.5 LED Lumens equals 1 ANSI Lumens.
- Ultra Short Throw.
- High Brightness up to 1000 ANSI Lumens.
- Large Built-in Battery, can work time long to 3 hrs.
- integrated 2x 8w speakers.
- Outdoor design, support IPX2.
- It is a little expensive compared with other LED projectors. But it is cheap for a UST TV compare with Laser TV.
- For portable projectors, the volume is a little large.
Buy it at amazon.com.
7. Best Travel Mini Portable Projector: FATORK Pocket Monster D042 1080P HD Smart Mini Portable Movie Projectors, Outdoor Short Throw Projector
The FATORK D042 Mobile Projector is a DLP projector. It is simple, has few parts, is compact enough to be held in one hand and weighs only 390 grams. The lightweight design and small size make it easy to carry around. It’s the perfect projector to take to a friend’s house or outdoors for everyone to enjoy. The sealing technology makes it the right projector for outdoor parties.
With a design more minor than the size of a soda can, this mini projector allows you to enjoy your favorite movies anywhere at home.This wireless projector has a built-in rechargeable battery, which can provide 2.5 hours of video on 1 charge, meeting outdoor needs. This pocket projector supports automatic vertical ±40° keystone correction, which helps to correct the image quickly.
- Projection Screen: 10 – 114 inches
- 360° Stereo Speaker
- 2.4G + 5G WiFi Compatible
- Small, Low Noise (32dB) and Built-in Rechargeable Battery (2.5 hrs)
- DLP Projection Method and Auto Keystone Correction, 150 ANSI Lumens Brightness
- Wide Range of Interchangeability. Features an HDMI port, USB port, and 3.5mm audio jack
- Not a smart projector. You need a special HDCP approved HDMI cable to play any content because the machine does not have Netflix or any apps built in.
- The product quality is not stable, someone said the picture is not good and not easy to Focus.
- The Speaker’s Power is not large.
Buy it at amazon.com.
Once we talk about Sony, we don’t need to introduce it too much, because we all know that this company is the king of the TV and projection market. Their products are really good, especially in terms of color. They have some unique technologies. But Sony’s products are not cheap, even expensive. But the person who likes it doesn’t care about the price.
Sony LSPX-P1 is composed of 2 units, the projector itself which is a very compact wireless, stronger than expected for its size with a decent sounding speakers and a small “HDMI” unit that can be used to connect a computer or DVD/Blu ray player, also you have a small easy to use IR blaster. Overall nice looking, feels like fabric and shiny enough that the room does not need to be almost dark.
- Project images anywhere: Ultra Short Throw allows you to display images from 22” up to 80″ on table, floor or wall.
- Project anything: Directly cast photos and videos from your smartphone, or connect laptop, cable box, Blu-ray player etc to supplied wireless box via HDMI cable.
- Smart control: Choose what to watch with just a few swipes of your thumb. Take total control of your projector from your smartphone or tablet with the dedicated app.
- Enjoy high contrast, 720p HD image with laser projection from the SXRD panel (brightness up to 100 ANSI lumens).
- Built-in battery for portable use: Watch a full movie on a built-in battery (up to 2hrs). You can reach full charge in 4 hours with the supplied charging cable.
- Built-in speakers for big sound: Two 0.98″ Bass Reflex Speakers for big, powerful sound from a compact design.
- Class II Laser Product; <5mJ output. Display Resolution: 1366 x 768 pixels
- Expensive too much for such mini projector. But you should know it is a Laser Projector, not LED.
- Low brightness. It’s great while use it in the dark environment.
- It has been on the market for a long time and there is no new model. But on the other hand, the market vitality of this product is really long, for electronic products.
- Only support 720p HD.
Buy it at amazon.com.
Next, we will introduce two mini projectors with pocket sizes. Like Sony LSPX-P1, they have been popular in the market for a long time, but they have been enduring, which shows that their performance and price have been recognized by the market. And recently, there is a discount of 10-20%, which is worth buying.
Eastman Kodak Company is a world-renowned imaging product manufacturer. This time Kodak launched a mini pocket projector, which is expected. What kind of product is this? Is the performance very high, or is the price very user-friendly? Is the color expression and design dazzling?
DESIGNED FOR EASY PORTABILITY. KODAK Luma 350 includes built-in speaker and has sleek illuminated onboard controls, So you can watch and listen on demand any time, any place. It support built in powers via rechargeable battery up to 2.5 hrs.
Whether you’re watching movies at home, leading a meeting at the office or delivering a keynote address in front of hundreds of people, the lens’ powerful 350-lumen lamp projects images with exceptional brightness, throwing 16.7 million colors and crystal-clear HD detail up to 150 inches. Just pop it in your pocket, and your favorite TV shows, games, movies and streaming apps are just a click away.
- OS: Android 6.0.1
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, HDMI, USB
- Technology: 0.2” WVGA DMD DLP
- Brightness: 200 Ansi Lumens
- Resolution: 854 x 480 [native], input resolution support 1080p and 4k
- LED life: 30000 hours
- Contrast: 3500:1
- Display: 16.7 million colors
- Speaker: Dual 1.5 W speaker
- Aspect: 16:9
- Battery: 7500 mAh
- Weight: 12oz
- Dimensions: 4.4 x 4.4 x 1.1”
- Streaming platforms (Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu etc.) may restrict screen mirroring from certain devices, or in certain countries. Download and use apps directly on your projector to use these streaming platforms and stream other content.
- Manual Focus
Buy it at amazon.com. KODAK Luma has other model, which is KODAK Luma 450 and KODAK Luma 150, maybe you can select one of them. But I think 350 is better. Because KODAK Luma 450 is too expensive and KODAK Luma 150 is too low performance.
DLP’s advanced technology(0.2DMD Optically processed chip) deliver vibrant color and crystal-clear image(50 ANSI lumens). With RGB LED bulb, soft lighting protects your eyes from glare, no radiation and no eye injury. Recommended for use in dimmer environments.
Compact and lightweight design(5.71*3.15*0.79 inches, 0.64lbs), making it effortless to go anywhere. Compatible with various devices (USB, HDMI, 3.5mm AUX, and Micro SD port ), it can be easily connected with your smart phone, PS3, PS4, X-Box ONE to enjoy BIG games. This smart movie projector adopts the latest Multi-screen technology, supports AirPlay, Miracast, EShare and DLNA. Shorter throw lens project up to 120 inches big, 360° rotatable support bracket included. Suitable for iOS, Android system, enjoy entertainments anytime.
With sensitive touch control, you can do many things on AKASO video projector. Its touchscreen allows you to select your media, apps and more with drag-and-click simplicity.
- Brightness: 50 ANSI Lumens
- Native Resolution: WVGA 854*480, support: 1920 x 1080P
- Projection Ratio: 1.19:1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Projection Size: 30-120 in
- Battery: 3.7V, 5000mAh (upgrade from the older model which named AKASO Focus is 4000mAh)
- Lamp life: LED, 30,000hrs
- Input Interface: HDMI / 2 x USB2.0/Micro SD(Support up to 32GB)
- Compact and lightweight design(5.71*3.15*0.79 inches, 0.64lbs)
- Good Hardware Design, Poor Software and Few APP built-in. Only standard and Clean Android 9.0 system. Copyrighted content from Hulu, Netflix, and similar services CAN NOT be mirrored or screencast via wireless transmission or HDMI cable. We suggest to use this movie projector in a dark environment to get a great image performance. So, if you have other TV box, such as APPLE TV, it is a good choice.
Buy it at amazon.com.
So far, do you have the right choice? I think there will always be one of the TOP 10 Portable Projectors you like best. Of course, if you don’t choose Portable Projector, but want to get a better experience, you can add some budget to choose laser TV. Please refer to the following buyer’s guide: