I hope you’ll agree with me when I say:
You are out if your TV is not 4K and not big as 100″.
Well, there is only ONE problem. Finding a “BIG” and “Clear” TV Screen isn’t an easy job. Not everyone is rich enough to move a more than 100″ LED Screen to house with about 100K USD cost. Ultra Short Throw Laser Projector which called Laser TV is the best and right choice.
Laser TV is the future of big screen TV. Actually Laser TV is a movable TV with or without a special screen.
There are many players in this area, including tranditional TV brands, such as Sony, Hisense, Samsung and LG; new players as JmGO, XGIMI, Xiaomi, Appotronics and VAVA; stronger projecter brands, such as BenQ and Optoma.
Which one is the best 4K Laser TV and just right for your requirement?
Not long ago, 720p and 1080p projectors were still the mainstream, but with the development of technology, 4K has become more and more popular. Now to choose laser TV, you must choose 4K model. The definition of 4K is 4 times that of 1080p and 10 times that of 720p.
That is why we have created a list of Best 4k Laser TV. After researching online and spending many days compare these Ultra Short Throw 4K Laser Projectors , I have shortlisted the top products which you can buy right now.
Best 4K Ultra Short Throw Laser Projectors or Laser TV
Several of these laser projectors are not for everyone because some carry a hefty price-tag. But all of them are laser light resource. Most laser TVs have one laser source, some have two, and the highest level is three.
However, these laser TV are good enough to make it to our list of the top Best Short Throw Laser Projectors.
|Price Level ($)
|Optoma CinemaX P2
|WEMAX Nova 4K UHD
*The price is not the exact number, just closed price.
Part of the CinemaX series, this stylish ultra-short throw projector delivers an unforgettable 4K UHD digital cinema quality image in the comfort of your own home. Laser technology provides accurate, true-to-life color reproduction with extensive DCI-P3 coverage – perfect for recreating the big-screen experience at home. Packed with the latest technology and features, the CinemaX P2 boasts HDR compatibility, HLG via USB, sophisticated PureMotion frame-interpolation processing which eliminates motion blurring or image judder, voice control with compatibility with Alexa & Google, streaming apps and a built-in media player.
Now available in new sleek Black color! Smart true 4K UHD laser home TV home theater projector with HDR10 and HLG; ultra-short throw, cinematic color, integrated premium soundbar.
Authoritative design award affirms the ultimate audio-visual Aesthetics:
- EISA Award Best Product (Projector) 2020-2021 (Europe)
- Red Dot DESIGN AWARD 2020 (Germany)
- iF DESIGN AWARD 2020 (Germany)
- Silver Award, Taiwan Excellence 2020 (Taiwan)
- Projector Central 2020 Editor’s Choice Award (USA)
- GOOD DESIGN AWARD 2019 (Japan)
- Engadget Best of CES 2019 finalist (USA)
- Best of CES Asia 2019 ZOL (China)
- Gotta Be Mobile Best of CES 2019 (USA)
- Projector Central 2019 Infocomm Best of Show Award (USA)
- CIT 2019 Comprehensive Performance Award(China)
● Technology: Single-Chip DLP (0.47″ DMD)
● XPR Technology
● Light Source: Lamp
● Display Resolution: 4K UHD (3840 x 2160)
● Native Resolution: 1080x1920x4
● Brightness (Manufacturer Claim): 3,000 lumens
● Light Source Lifespan: up to 20,000hrs (Normal), 30,000hrs (Eco)
● Contrast: 2,000,000.1
● HDR10 /HLG Compatible
● 19 Watts x 2 Dolby Digital 2.0 sound system
● 2-year parts and labor: projector; 5-year or 12,000-hours light source
● Three HDMI 2.0 input (up to [Editors Addendum] Gbps)
● No backlight on the remote
● Limited to 120″ diagonal as the largest size
● Slow Power Up
● Android OS implementation
WEMAX is the sub brand of Appotronics, which is the famous Laser Projection Technology Company.From the beginning, Appotronics define the Laser TV as a TV, not a projector. Including the color, bright, and user custom habits. WEMAX, means, WE ARE MAX…
At beginning Appotronics is not interesting at consumer market, but commerical laser cinema market. ALPD Technology is a great innovation at laser projection, will shining as a diamond.
Xiaomi come to Appotronics, and want to be cooperation with each other at Laser TV. So MIJIA Laser TV is launched to the market, which low price and entry performance.
Appotronics is a technology-oriented company, not like Xiaomi which be a price killer. The performance of Mijia Laser TV is not good enough for day time, especially the brightness and contrast ratio. Later on, Appotronics launched a new model, named WEMAX Nova 4K UHD.
There are four difference between them:
- Brightness, from 1300 ansi lumens to 2100 ansi lumens
- Contrast Ratio, from 3000 to 4000
- Sound System, from one louder speaker to four HIFI Bose Louder Speakers
- Lens, from A class to A+ class.
After all, as you know, ALPD technology can bring much colorful picture, and the brightness of projection is equal to color brightness, it is the patent of Appotronics.
This is the best quality Laser TV until now, all of Appotronics products are competitive products. The main features as below:
- Material: Aluminum
- Display type: DLP
- Resolution : 4K
- Brightness: 2100 ANSI Lumens
- Native Static Contrast Ratio: 4000:1
- Throw Ration: 0.233 : 1
- Projection Distance: 0.3 – 5 m
- Image Size: 50 – 300 inch
- Image Scale: 16:9
- Interface: Audio Out Port,DC Port,HDMI,USB, and SPDIF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Features: 4K,HD,Home Theater
- Function: 3D,Bluetooth,Speaker,WiFi
All in all, this is a brilliant short throw projector which keeps you future-proof while being highly practical in the present times. If you are looking for the ultimate performance and don’t want to spend the extra cash on a native 4K resolution laser TV, then this is the projector for you.
- High brightness up to 2100 ANSI lumens.
- Built-in Bluetooth 4.0 HiFi speakers with stereo sound experience.
- Effectively reduce the energy of the blue light and reduce the frequency of the screen flashing, protect your eyes.
- Attractive Design.
- Compatible with: Sony PS4,Xbox, and support 3D.
- None. If you want to pick one issue, maybe can be much higher brightness.
More detail links:
- Best FullHD 1080P Laser TV Support 4K Appotronics WEMAX ONE Pro
- WEMAX Nova, the Latest 4K UHD Ultra Short Throw Laser Projector of the Ancestor of Laser TV, vs Awol Vision LTV-2500
The LSP9T provides a viable replacement for the living room television by offering big brightness along with an excellent picture and sound quality with all the features and performance you could expect from a Samsung premium QLED TV. As a premium laser TV product, it’s clear that Samsung aimed to deliver a big-screen image while occupying as little space as possible in the front of your living room.
Not everything is perfect on this premium projector. While the LSP9T is an excellent DLP projector it is still a DLP projector with all of its baggage. Black levels and shadow detail are some of the best I’ve seen in a DLP projector, the black levels don’t come near the performance of an SXRD or D-ILA projector.
The LSP9T uses Texas Instruments’ largest consumer DLP DMD imager to measure an inspiring 0.65-inches that reproduces 4K content in SDR and HDR amazingly well.
The triple laser light source provides dynamic out-of-the-box colors with enough flexibility to offer the kind of amazing color accuracy that video enthusiasts demand. This projector can reproduce 147 percent of the DCI-P3 color gamut and 106 percent of the BT.2020 color gamut. In addition, the LSP9T offers up to 25,000 hours of maintenance-free operation when set to Standard brightness mode. This projector will likely be running long after you decide to upgrade years from now.
Unlike many laser TVs available today, the LSP9T can project all the way up to 130 inches due to its built-in, motorized focus controller. You could go further if you don’t mind a decrease in contrast and brightness.
With the LSP9T, Samsung has produced an elegant ultra-short-throw laser TV projector that offers stunning picture quality, Samsung’s full Tizen operating system, an extensive library of apps, HDMI inputs, eARC, built-in tuners, wireless network connectivity, Bluetooth and so much more. The LSP9T offers one of the best implementations of Filmmaker mode and has an amazing built-in sound system that produces genuinely good sound capable of competing with higher-end Samsung soundbars.
- 2,800 ANSI lumens of brightness
- 106% of BT.2020 & 147% of the DCI-P3 color gamut
- 0.66 DLP Imager provides an excellent picture
- Discrete RGB Laser light engine
- Excellent HDR integration
- Manual Focus
- Well-integrated smart, intuitive OS
- Premium built-in Dolby 4.2 sound system
- A very easy-to-set-up projector
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Analog and digital tuners built-in
- Slightly Sluggish menu performance
- Although better than most DLP, black levels could be better
- No 3D support
- Could offer a better input lag
- Laser speckling artifacts in brighter areas of the picture
The Samsung Premiere line of projectors are advertised as all-in-one entertainment machines, pairing a 4K laser with streaming support and integrated multi-channel audio. But how do they stack up against other laser projectors on the market—and which one is the best fit for your home and budget? In this article, we’ll compare the Samsung Premiere LSP7T vs LSP9T to answer those questions.
Looking just at performance, the Samsung LSP9T is the better projector, producing a larger, better image with less distance. Both of these projectors are impressive, though, with integrated smart features and a sharp picture. Let’s check out the main ways they differ so you can see how they stack up side by side.
With its ultra-bright laser and UHD processor, the Samsung Premiere LSP7T lets you view big-screen movies and TV the way they were meant to be seen. This starts with true 4K resolution for detail, which is further enhanced by technology like HDR10+ and PurColor for vibrant, true-to-life hues. Filmmaker Mode further optimizes the picture for cinematic content, making you really feel like you’re in the theater.
The short throw ratio of the Samsung LSP7T gives you a 100” screen with right around a foot of distance, so you won’t need a big space to get a big screen. Our only issue from a set-up perspective is the lack of features like zoom and lens shift for fine-tuning the image. This can be annoying if you’re using it with a screen, although you don’t have to since it’s built to look just as good projecting on a white wall.
For navigation, the Samsung LSP7T comes with a TIZEN smart TV system. It’s also compatible with multiple voice control systems, so it’s got the smart features many people look for in a modern home theater projector. Since it also has a 2.2-channel sound system built in, the Samsung LSP7T is one of the few projectors on the market you can truly use straight out of the box, no extra accessories required, without sacrificing the quality of the experience.
- 4K resolution with HDR10+ support
- Filmmaker Mode optimizes movie viewing
- Short throw ratio for easy set-up in any space
- Immersive built-in sound
- Compatible with Alexa, Google, and Bixby voice control
- TIZEN smart TV system
- Can be used without a screen.
- Can be tricky to align with screens
- Image may wash out in bright ambient light.
The detail reviews:
At present, this laser TV has also won the honor of Amazon’s choice on the Amazon platform, with a score of more than 4.4. The most important thing is that there is a 29% discount. The World Cup, Christmas and New Year are coming. Buy one as soon as possible. Buy Samsung Laser TV LSP7T at amazon.com.
LG has been creating ripples in the projector market for some time now. It has once again forayed into the segment with the launch of its new HU85LA 4K Ultra Short Throw (UST) smart laser projector. It is designed to be a replacement for the buyers who would have traditionally considered a large TV for their living rooms or dens.
LG HU85LA smart 4K projector is the newest entrant in the niche market of Laser TVs. A laser TV is a projector with an ultra-short throw ratio that uses lasers as a light source. It can be placed next to the screen and can project 120” imagery easily. There are very few TVs that have a 90” or larger screen, which makes a laser TV an alternate option. A 4K UST projector has a small footprint and is comparatively easy to install as compared to a large TV. It is also cheaper and provides an image quality that is almost as good as large TVs. Homeowners who want a large display area are opting for 4K UST projectors over TVs.
A careful comparison between LG HU85LA and Samsung LSP9T shows that many parameters are the same, especially the throw ratio, laser lamp source and DLP DMD chipset size. Therefore, these two products are of the same specification. It can be seen from the external parameters that the brightness of LG is slightly lower, but the price of LG is also cheaper. To some extent, LG is the best product that gives consideration to both performance and price.
- Cheap compared to native 4K laser projectors.
- Great user interface and remote.
- Supports screen sharing for iOS and Android devices and Miracast.
- Excellent for watching movies.
- Uses lasers as a light source.
- Isn’t true 4K but uses pixel-shifting for increasing resolution.
- Its built-in speakers are weak, especially considering its price tag.
- Lacks optical zoom and physical keystone correction.
- Is expensive.
For traditional TV manufacturers, Hisense is one of the most radical companies in China to adhere to the research and investment of laser tv. As early as a few years ago, Hisense launched the first generation of laser TV, and occupy about 50% of the Chinese market share. 2017 Hisense launched 4K laser TV, continue to lead the traditional TV market. Hisense has more than 200 patents in the Laser TV area.
Hisense 4K laser television broke the three major technical difficulties: the use of high-capacity optical processing engine, high-resolution lens design, and high-precision manufacturing process that applies the same theater with IMAX 3D display solutions and implementation, as well as Fresnel passive bionic screen, no wiring 5.1 professional home audio, allowing users at home can also enjoy light from environmental restrictions 24-hour eco-theater experience. more importantly, this is a 4K-resolution products.
Hisense 4K TV appearance of the laser design is very atmospheric, metallic silver color with black design, giving a strong sense of technology. Its overall design is angular, is not a ‘sissy’ products, which is more like a big guy, covered with muscles, placed in the middle of the living room give a visual sense of shock, who saw the show I believe this product will be its ability to have expectations.
The Hisense 100L5G-Cine100A is one of several ultra short throw (UST) 4K laser projectors that Hisense touts as a “Smart Laser TV” on its website. It’s the company’s version of an entry-level UST model, meant for first-time buyers, and it comes bundled with an ambient light rejection (ALR) screen. In our tests, the 100L5G offered good color accuracy, contrast, black levels, shadow detail, and sharpness—straight out of the box. That’s enough to make it our newest Editors’ Choice pick for an entry-level 4K UST home theater projector. Hisense 4K Smart TV is the Best 4K Laser TV.
Hisense laser TV is the first 4K DLP 4K laser light reflective ultra-short focus projector, either in TV or projector circle, this product significance are not to be sneezed. ( Many brands anounced that they are the first one…… So do not care about it, just enjoy the product.).
- 4K (3,840-by-2,160) resolution using TI’s XPR fast-switch pixel shifting
- Good color accuracy, contrast, and shadow detail
- 100-inch ambient light rejection screen included
- Integrated Android TV and built-in TV tuner
- Laser-phosphor light source, rated at 2,700 ANSI lumens
- No 3D support
- Fixed focus means you can’t upgrade to a larger screen!
It’s the ideal projector for the high-end home theater.
True 4K Ultra HD
OMMC 4K Laser TV delivers incredible color accuracy and stunning, razor-sharp images
Ultra Short Throw
Just inches away from a wall or screen, and project an immersive 120” image
Just place it by the wall. Simple to install, plug in and adjust screen size.
Main features of OMMC 4K UHD laser projector:
- 4K UHD Resolution with HDR
- Brightness 2500 ANSI Lumens
- Big Screen Home Theater
- Ultra Short Throw
- Powerful Sound,Dolby Support
- Smart Android 8 System
In short, the projector is perfect if you are willing to save money on it. The phrase, “you get what you pay for,” fits nicely.
- Quick start up
- Menu is more polished than the Bomaker
- Sleek Design.
- Half of the buttons on the remote don’t do anything
- Remote buttons don’t always register
- Calibration instructions are incorrect or the left and right buttons don’t do anything in that section of the menu (see photos)
- Unable to get top of screen to be clear. Tried adjusting height and using the feet on the bottom. Thought it may be the wall, but the clarity is fine with the other projector I used in the same spot.
Fashion design, beautiful outstanding. New Laser TV, pursuit of streamlined design, the host appearance is simple and clear, blue light strip design is like a dawn across the horizon, very eye-catching. Smooth lines and smooth edges fusion, exquisite production process for you to create cool super laser projection TV. And the use of black and white two models, the integration of modern home atmosphere.
In the color standard, V7050i color inheritance Ming Master Series quasi true colors, adjusted according to generally accepted in the industry Rec.709 HD color standard, so that ordinary users to enjoy a more realistic color, and the original image experience. I call this laser projector Best Image Color Laser TV.
In the brightness, V7050i has 2500 lumens, 100000:1 contrast, and equipped with professional Black Gate anti light screen, day or night, no need to deliberately create dark projection environment, wonderful show fresh color and sharp details. The closed model named i950L/i955L review:
The new ultra short throw laser projection TV is the result of BenQ in large screen display technology industry for many years. Launch with a number of practical professional optimization and innovation, to solve some problems in laser TV, truly think as users, do really good products. Pros
- True Color Picture, Health Protection. Good color accuracy with default settings. Nuanced color management system
- Intimate Design, Easy Installation. Electric lens protective cover.
- Can connect the TV box, PS4 and other external devices.
- Fit any size room, with its anti light screen, it offers four choices, 80 inches, 90 inches, 100 inches and 120 inches.
- Ultra short throw (UST)
- Rated at 2,500 ANSI lumens
- Laser-phosphor light source
- All kinds of performance parameters are more moderate, there is no particularly prominent place.
- Android TV dongle uses an HDMI port, leaving only one free.
Samsung and LG are really sharp points against each other, and they are naturally competitors. For example, the LSP7T and LSP9T of Samsung are cost-effective entry-level models and high-performance flagship models. LG also has two models. We have just introduced LG’s flagship model HU85LA. Here is LG’s entry-level model HU715QW which has the similar house design.
It is so easy to use, and light to carry on, maybe it is the Best Commerical Laser TV. The LG HU715QW is attractive with many unique features.
- SCREEN UP TO 120″ WITH 2,500 ANSI LUMENS – Transform movies, games, and shows into larger-than-life entertainment. 2,500 ANSI Brightness produces brilliant color even in well-lit rooms, for vivid home theater experiences.
- ULTRA-SHORT THROW DESIGN – The ultra-short 0.22 Throw Ratio delivers an 80″ screen when placed less than five inches from the wall, making any room the perfect size for your projector. (4.65″ for 80″ screen, 8.54″ for 100″ screen, and 12.48″ for 120″ screen)
- REAL 4K UST – Real 4K has a resolution of 3840 x 2160–4x greater than FHD for incredible detail that brings movies, shows, and games to life.
- STYLISH DESIGN – Features a crisp white body with a premium gray fabric accent that blends into your space
- EMBEDDED STEREO SPEAKERS – Embedded 20W + 20W Stereo Speakers + 2.2 Ch included Quad Woofer produce rich, deep bass for 40W sound with minimal screen vibrations. And Bluetooth Surround capabilities make you feel like you’re at the movies, enabling full-sensory immersion.
- webOS 6.0 – Find your favorite content with built-in streaming apps. Netflix, YouTube, Apple TV+, and more are available and easy to access on WebOS 6.0.1
- Apple AirPlay 2 & HomeKit compatibility allow you to wirelessly control your projector plus cast and mirror content from any iOS or MacOS device, no Apple TV necessary.
- LONG-LASTING LIFE – This projector provides near-endless home entertainment. Experience up to 20,000 hours of viewing–or 30,000 hours in Eco mode– without replacing the lamp.
- Amazing picture quality on a ALR UST screen like, the one by Silver ticket. But, beware, ALR UST screens are hyper sensitive and dent/scratch easy and permanently (not be the best choice if you have small kids/drunk friends that act like small kids)
- Great built in apps
- Auto-focus is cool
- eARC support to hook up to an amp to use built in apps
- Very good remote, but read cons for some negatives
- Supports wireless speakers.
- Takes a ~20-30 seconds to warm up and have network functions enabled. Minor gripe, but its a bit annoying.
- Cannot use the built in search on the remote to search for items in Plex, the voice search directs you to only paid video services and YouTube. For use in YouTube, it works great, like really great.
The JMGO U2 can be positioned as a premium triple-laser model at a very affordable $ 3,000 priceprice. Quite possibly, the rather modest price is due to marketing considerations. Of course, any dumping is questionable, but for consumers it expands it expands the opportunities for a better deal. On the other hand, the price may be quite adequate in terms of value for money. JMGO U2 is really quite bright (2400 lm), has a very wide color gamut (BT.2020) and a premium sound system by Danish Dynaudio. Unfortunately, its color accuracy is not perfect.
The U2 dwarfs much of its competition. The case measures 6.6 by 28.3 by 15 inches (HWD) and weighs 28.2 pounds. Setup consists of little more than connecting to a network by Ethernet or Wi-Fi for streaming, optionally connecting video sources to either or both HDMI 2.0 ports, and positioning the projector to fill the screen and square off the image. As mentioned above, focus is fixed, and you get no digital zoom or keystone-correction settings. Unlike Android TV, Luna OS needs no setup.
The U2 offers an S/PDIF optical audio output, but the built-in audio provides more than adequate quality and volume for most uses. Two full-range 15-watt speakers stick up from the case on the left and right sides near the edge of the top panel closest to viewers, and two 10-watt tweeters are positioned below them, hidden inside the case and facing viewers.Both audio volume and quality are boosted by the 2.4-liter chamber (JMGO calls it a “sound cavity”), as well as Dolby Audio and DTS-HD. You can also use the U2 as a Bluetooth speaker for other devices.
- 2,400 ANSI Lm brightness;
- 4K (3,840 x 2,160) resolution;
- 15,000:1 dynamic contrast;
- (80 – 120 inches / 203 cm – 305 cm) image size at (1.3 – 2.3 ft / 0.4 – 0.7 m; 2 ft / 0.6 m for 100″) throw distance with 0.25:1 throw ratio;
- 114% of the REC.2020 color gamut;
- 0.47-inch DMD;
- 10-bit color processing;
- Dolby surround audio – 15W x 2 speakers + 10W x 2 tweeter.
- triple-laser DLP;
- convenient remote control (source selection + brightness);
- very wide color gamut (114% REC.2020);
- low noise level (28db);
- great sound.
- Fixed-focus lens
- Color is oversaturated for some 1080p SDR material
- Image brightness for 4K is much lower than for 1080p
- 3D support and image quality adjustments are highly limited.
After a brief look, you will find that the parameters of Hisense PX1 are basically the same as those of JMGO U2, indicating that they adopt a similar architecture design and the price is almost the same. However, as a leading enterprise of laser TV, Hisense’s after-sales service is first-class. From this perspective, I recommend Hisense PX1 pro.
With the PX1-PRO Laser Cinema, Hisense has created a home cinema-centric UST that incorporates motorized focusing. This contrasts with the Hisense Laser TV models sold with a dedicated screen and fixed-focus lens. Focusing allows the PX1-PRO to work with screen sizes ranging from 90 inches to 130 inches.
This RGB triple-laser DLP projector is rated at 2,200 ANSI lumens in its brightest mode, and Hisense specifies the color gamut at 107% of Rec.2020. Although not as bright as the Hisense L9G Laser TV reviewed earlier (upon which this unit is largely based), the PX1-PRO’s home theater focus anticipates using it under controlled lighting. Other aspects of image quality come into play, like contrast, color accuracy, and motion handling. But make no mistake, this UST has enough lumens on tap to handle both bright and dark viewing conditions even with the lights turned on.
The Hisense PX1-PRO is more than just a pretty shell. Hisense has created a projector with an all-new design approach with sharper, more defined edges than the curvy, glossy finish design on their fourth-gen Laser TV and Laser Cinema products. The PX1-PRO is, like their previous projectors, really great-looking.
- The PX1-PRO UST Projector features a TriChroma laser engine to achieve full coverage of the BT.2020 color space for a true-to-life picture; it also offers a razor-sharp 4K image from 90 to 130-inches, eARC for lossless audio, Filmmaker Mode, and smart home integrations.
- TriChroma really is R, G, B-eautiful. The PX1-PRO triple-laser UST uses pure red, green, and blue lasers to achieve new levels of color performance, reaching 107% of the BT.2020 color space–that’s color you’ve never seen on a display before.
- Get ready to take movie night, your next streaming binge, or gaming with the boys to a whole new level. With Variable Focus the PX1-PRO ultra short throw projector can project images from 90 to 130 inches with razor-sharp focus for maximum viewing immersion.
- 4K Ultra HD brings over 8 million pixels to create incredible clarity across an extra-large projection. High Dynamic Range expands color and contrast so you can enjoy a stunningly vibrant picture with incredible depth and detail.
- At 2200 Lumens peak brightness, the PX1-PRO shines with brilliance so that everything you watch hits those sparkling highlights, voluminous colors, and deep blacks. PX1-PRO UST Projector is perfect for home cinema, be it in the media room or dedicated theater room.
- Compact chassis compared with other USTs
- Sharp lens with high uniformity
- Accurate color and gamma
- Thorough calibration controls
- Brighter than specs would indicate
- eARC HDMI connection
- No perceptible RBE.
- Only 2 HDMI ports
- No 3D
- Scales 4K/120 Hz signals to 4K/60 Hz
- Potential for laser speckle!
Ultra Short Throw Laser Projector or Laser TV Buyer’s Guide
If you keep the before points in mind, you can easily go out to the market and buy a laser TV, right? No!
For those who don’t know, laser projector come with several things you need to consider before you spend hard earned money. They have different features as well as different application scenarios and support for multiple bands.
What is the technology behind a laser TV?
A ultra short throw laser projector is a device that allows you save your room size and enjoy a brightness image like LCD TV. There are two major factors: throw distance and brightness level.
- The Theory of RGB Laser Light Projection System
- What is Blue Laser Projector, how it Works?
- How Laser Works, Why so Bright?
- What is the Advantage of Laser TV?
Which factors need to be paid special attention to?
TV is a home theater, not only the image, but also sound and game, an entertainment center. You need up-to-date information about laser TV just before getting one because there are additional features you need to consider.
Below is complete information about the standard features of your laser TV and how they are of advantage to you.
To make things easier for you, below is the list of “Factors” you will encounter in the market along with their brief descriptions.
In theory, the smaller the projection throw ratio, the more space saved, and at the same distance can produce larger screen size, the image is also more bright, while avoiding personnel moving around interfere with the projection light. At present, the mainstream products, the projection throw ratio is generally between 0.19~0.3, far less than the standard of 0.4, so the difference is not particularly large. However, the smaller the projection throw ratio, the more likely the image is to produce trapezoidal distortion, which requires the projector to correct the problem automatically.
There is no scientific verdict, and how many projection lumens can shine good like LCD TV. The projection brightness in different places has different requirement, the room bright, day or night, there are lights or not, windows, curtains can pull on, even where you decide the sun light intensity of latitude. Because Sony is very professional in projection, their mainstream projection brightness is generally about 2500 ANSI Lumens, so it is generally believed that beyond this brightness, you can cast comparable to LCD TV effect.
Ordinary TVs have multimedia sound effects, and some have Dolby effects. Since it is called “laser TV”, it certainly needs multimedia effect. Built-in or external, wired or wireless connection, how many speakers, whether to have multiple sound effects, these are the factors to consider. If you need better sound effects, then recommend external audio system; if you want to save space, then integrate together is also a good choice.
Laser Color Channel
Laser module is the main cost of laser TV, and the price difference of many laser TV is reflected in this respect. General laser TV has only one laser source, blue laser. High end products have blue and red two laser light sources, can provide more bright images, produce clearer display effect. Top products have three color laser light sources, which are generally used only in cinemas.
The richness of the interface is visually observed by the average person. Now, in addition to the early audio and video interfaces, both HDMI 2.0 and USB 3.0 interfaces are available. Interface is not the more the better, many interfaces are wasted, will never use, but occupy space, affect the housing appearance. When you buy, you need to think about how to connect, and choose the right interface. Nowadays, wireless devices are becoming more and more frequent. For example, the content on the phone wants to be wirelessly connected to the projector, so WIFI or Bluetooth is an important function.
Everyone loves beautiful things, but what is beauty? Different people have different opinions. TV is a very eye-catching thing, you need to consider matching with the original living room furniture, including color, shape and layout, etc.. Material is also an important factor, wood, plastic or metal? You need your own choice.
Generally speaking, all of the people don’t like the TV itself makes noise while watching TV, especially when they enjoy the quiet pictures. On the standard, the ambient noise of sleep at night can not exceed 45dB, that is, this is an upper limit.
Don’t be shy about the budget, how much do you want to spend on Laser TV?
There is no perfect product in the world, only the most suitable thing.
What to do now?
Now you have all the facts. Here is a quick review of what to look out for before getting that laser TV.
- Must laser light source, the lamp life more than 20,000 hours.
- Ensure the brightness of the laser projector more than 2500 ANSI Lumens. (Xiaomi Mijia Laser TV has some words: I am good at most of application scenarios, even though a little weak about the brightness, but cheap, cheap, cheap…)
- The throw ratio should be below 0.25:1.
- It is much better if has wireless connection function.
- Does the laser projector has shock sound effects?
- Should have a USB functionality as well as wired port.
- Must support 4K.
Final Words – Wrapping it up
Considerably, the market of laser TV has a lot of saturation, and finding the perfect ultra short throw laser projector is not easy. That’s when lists like these come into play. This top list of laser TV kept in mind things such as the needs of a customer and how much they are willing to spend on a laser TV.
We hope the list helps you pick the best laser TV according to your budget. Keep in mind, there’s no such thing as a “perfect” component, which is why each product is built for the needs of different consumers. Within the list, there are projector for budget oriented consumers and for rich people.